PreSonus Revelator Professional USB microphone
PreSonus Revelator is the first USB microphone to deliver voice processing to polish your sound and an easy-to-use loopback mixer to bring in multiple sources from other software applications—all built into a studio-grade microphone that connects right to your computer, Chromebook, and iOS/iPadOS devices.
PreSonus Revelator is the first USB microphone to deliver voice processing to polish your sound and an easy-to-use loopback mixer to bring in multiple sources from other software applications—all built into a studio-grade microphone that connects right to your computer, Chromebook, and iOS/iPadOS devices.More than a USB microphone: Revelator features compressors and EQs modeled on world-class analog processors; an independent reverb bus lets you add just the right amount of shimmer to your sound; plus two stereo loopback channels make it easy to add backing tracks and more. Revelator is the ultimate microphone for streaming and recording solo musicians.
Every musician knows the secret to a great sound is a great microphone, and at its core, Revelator delivers the professional performance you’d expect from a studio microphone. But we didn’t stop there. Revelator’s mixer features compression and EQ modeled on world-class analog processors. An independent reverb bus lets you add just the right amount of shimmer to your sound. Two stereo loopback channels make it easy to add backing tracks and more. When you’re looking for the ultimate live streaming and home recording set-up for singer-songwriters, look no further than Revelator.
Revelator is the first USB microphone to provide State Space-modeled analog processing onboard with the same Fat Channel gate, compressor, and EQ our StudioLive Series III mixers offer. You can enjoy extensive, studio-style processing whether recording in the studio or streaming live. And once you’ve dialed in that perfect sound, you can save it as a preset to use over and over again at the press of a button. An independent reverb bus lets you add shimmer to your performance with ease. Like what you hear? All processing can be printed to your recording, or just used for your monitor mix, you decide.
Professional studios feature a locker full of different microphones so audio engineers have the right tool for the job. Don’t let the single-mic recording set-up fool you, Revelator features three different pick-up patterns for maximum flexibility.
For performances when you’re recording solo, use Cardioid Mode to pick up the sound you want and remove the sounds you don’t.
Recording with a friend? Change to Figure 8 Mode to use one side of the mic for you and the other for your partner. This is ideal for duos where one person is singing and the other is playing guitar.
Recording with a few friends? Switch to Omnidirectional Mode to pick up sound all the way around the microphone, perfect of those campfire-like jam sessions.
Whatever you’re recording, Revelator can adapt to fit your needs.
Gigging musicians know that a powerful way to add backing tracks to a performance is with a digital mixer. That’s why we built one into Revelator! Open up Universal Control and you’ll find an easy-to-use loopback mixer that lets you quickly route backing track audio from your DAW of choice to your live stream. This is also a great rehearsal tool; letting you listen to sketches, new songs, and more all while monitoring at zero latency through studio-quality compression and EQ that will bolster your confidence.Revelator’s presets are stored on the mic, so you can take your sound with you and connect directly to your iPad Pro, or grab your Camera Connection Kit and connect your Revelator to your Lightning- or USB-C-equipped iPhone or iPad. Only Revelator lets you bring studio quality sound to Facebook Live, IGTV, or anywhere else you stream to from your mobile device.
When you’re on camera, you want your rig to look clean. Revelator’s elegant aesthetic and rugged build enhances the professionalism of any broadcast. Built-in monitoring and an onboard headphone amplifier let you listen to your performance in real-time. Whether you’re recording in Studio One or going live on Instagram, Revelator is right there with you to make you sound—and look—professional.Revelator comes with a complete suite of professional software to take your sound to the next level. Studio One Artist makes it easy to polish your recordings with its lightning-fast drag-and-drop workflow, a complete suite of plug-ins, and the professional mixing and production tools that made Studio One so beloved. With Revelator and Studio One Artist, you have everything you need to get professional results—whether you’re just getting started, or working on your latest solo album.
- Professional bus-powered USB-C-compatible microphone with studio-grade capsules for pristine audio capture
- Three different patterns to choose from:
- Cardioid—for single-source applications
- Figure 8—perfect for duos
- Omnidirectional—to pick up a jam session
- Headphone Output with volume control and zero-latency monitoring
- 96 kHz / 24-bit operation for pristine audio recording
- Elegant desktop stand with built-in cable management
- Integrated loopback mixer makes adding backing tracks a breeze for live streaming or rehearsing
- 6-in/6-out audio interface
- 2 dedicated input streams for the Revelator microphone
- 2 dedicated output streams for headphone monitoring
- 4-in/4-out virtual streams for application-to-application recording and playback with loopback options for macOS and Windows
- Built-in Fat Channel with 3 EQ models, 3 Compressor models, Noise Gate/Expander, and Limiter
- 6 Voice effects (Doubler, Detuner, Vocoder, Ring Modulator, Filter banks, Delay)
- Independent Reverb and bus to add shimmer to your recording
- 8 easy-to-use factory presets and 8 user presets. Mix and match Fat Channel and Voice effects.
- Access up to 4 presets from Revelator, additional presets are available in Universal Control
- Universal Control software mixer, effects editing and hardware control
- Studio One Artist included
- Studio Magic software bundle included
- macOS® and Windows® compatible
- iOS® and iPadOS® compatible (may require a Camera Connection Kit)
- Chromebook compatible
Computer system Requirements:
Windows® 10 (64-bit only)
Intel i3 / AMD A10 processor or better
4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
macOS® 10.13 or higher (64-bit only)
Intel® i3 or better
4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
Windows and Mac Systems
USB-C™ or USB-A 2.0 port compatibility
32 GB hard disk space
PreSonus Universal Control 3.4 or higher
Monitor with 1366x768 resolution (high-dpi monitor recommended)
Multitouch-enabled monitor required for touch operation
The minimum system requirements may differ for DAWs other than Studio One. Please check the requirements for your DAW of choice with its manufacturer.
Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system. Also, a more powerful system (faster processor with more RAM) will allow for lower latency (signal delay) than you might experience while monitoring audio signals.