Korg NanoKontrol 2
Convenient, compact control surface, with easy setup for immediate use
Complete control for your DAW or software synthesizer
A knob, fader, and three switches are provided for each of the eight channels, respectively assigned to pan, volume, and solo/mute/record. This arrangement is a real convenience when recording automation for multiple channels. There's also a marker button, making it easy to assign marks at important points in your song for more efficient recording and song production. When using a software synthesizer, you can assign parameters to the desired controllers for easy control. For example you could use the faders to control the ADSR of an envelope generator, and use the knobs to control the filter's cutoff frequency and resonance, etc.
USB power for an uncluttered setup
Just connect a single USB cable from your computer to the nanoKONTROL2, and you've got a quick and portable music production system. Power and USB-MIDI data travels down the same wire for a clean, efficient workspace.
Apple iPad Compatibility of nanoSERIES2 (*1) (*2)
Using a USB cable to connect to the Apple Camera Connection Kit, Korg nanoSERIES2 controllers can be used with the iPad, without an external power supply. (*3) You can enjoy iPad App like KORG iMS-20 (*4) along with nanoSERIES2 (*4).
*1: OS4.2.1 supported.
*2: Korg does not guarantee this compatibility, and problems may occur as Apple updates their OS and/or new models are launched.
*3: If you are using a nanoSERIES2 controller for an extended period of time, or are using more than one nanoSERIES2 controller, please use a powered USB hub to be sure there is enough electricity.
*4: The iPad App needs to support to Core MIDI.
Control Surface Plug-in for nanoKONTROL
Control Surface Plug-in for nanoKONTROL2 (Maps nanoKONTROL2 to Logic and GarageBand) This plug-in had been created in response to many users requests from nanoKONTROL2 users. The free download provides direct access via the nanoKONTROL2 to Logic and GarageBand's Transports, Volume/Pan/Mute/Solo per channel, EQ and Effect sends.
Korg Kontrol Editor software
The nanoKONTROL2 works with the "KORG Kontrol Editor" software – available free on the KORG website. Load it into your computer, and use it to make detailed customized settings. For example, the minimum and maximum values for each control change message can be specified.
- 8 channels of controllers, each featuring Pan Knob, Fader & Solo / Mute / Record buttons
- Dedicated transport control section
- Marker button for easy navigation
- Low-profile, multi-function control surface
- New track select and marker advance parameters
- Supports numerous software titles including major DAW programs
- Use Korg Kontrol Editor software to customise the nanoKONTROL2
- 8 knobs
- 8 sliders
- 24 buttons
- REW / FF / STOP / PLAY / REC Transport Buttons
- CYCLE button
- MARKER button
- TRACK button
- Connections: mini-USB
- Power: USB bus power
- Power Consumption: USB bus power: less than 100 mA
- Dimensions: 12.8" x 3.27" x 1.18"
- Accessories: USB cable
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.4 or later, Apple Macintosh with PowerPC supported, USB port
- Windows: Windows XP SP3 (32bit), Windows Vista SP2 (32bit, 64bit), Windows 7 (32bit, 64bit), USB port (Intel USB chipset recommended)